Update with personal work

I have done a mini animation test recreating the animation called Heaven's Official Blessings, Xie Lian test

This was a really fun test to challenge myself to animate in a different style than my own

Also learning how within the software ToonBoom

First I did the basic draft and key poses for the character called Xie Lian

Now that the planning was done, it was time for clean up
At this stage I found it seemed to move too fast without a hold time on his reaction. I also coloured him one toned
Now that Xie Lian is coloured, back to his butterfly friend
I also began to add effects to the butterfly within ToonBoom as it leaves the screen and glow effects
I relooked into the butterfly and I think it has no edge to it. No style. It seems to be boring with now eye catching detail. Now to restyle the butterfly

Now, this is the current update on this piece of work

Next I plan to give Xie Lian some shading and light effects from the butterfly. Also to look into a basic background for more light effects to hit

Here are the different stages of animation in one video


Comments